Monday, April 24, 2006

A WEEK WITH MY BOYS









A whole week with my boys...It was all great from start to finish. ok, maybe a little bump before we picked them and a some in the middle, but all and all it was a great week. One of the best as of late. We were late picking them up because we had to travel such a long way, but once we got them, they were fine. I think David may have been worried that we wouldn't make it or something. We checked into a hotel near the turnpike and then left in the morning and ate at the diner and went to the flea market. The boys and I showed Richard the market because he's never been there before. Richard saw a lot of things he was interested enough to buy. Then we proceeded to drive home. It was a long drive home...and I think David understood why we took so long to get there, plus it was Easter weekend, which made it worse. We all had a good time and for lunch/dinner, we stopped at this Japanese restaurant called Tokyo and it was fun. The boys enjoyed the performance of the chef's and the food was great. Then we stopped at Assateague...not even sure I spelled that correctly. Anyway, we saw different species of birds and wild ponies. We went for a walk and then drove around the island to see the beach. We stopped at the beach for a while, then we drove home taking the long route. Richard showed us his old house, which I found to be beautiful and serene. It was a big house with a beautiful porch and a huge yard. He sold that house a long time ago for probably less than what it was worth. Anyway, we were on our way home again and on the way we stopped at the grocery store. Dave and Richie went in with a list I've given them. Then we drove home after that. The boys, i think, liked the house. They each had their own rooms and they liked them. We played boggle a lot and scrabble and also badminton out in the backyard. The next day it rained, so the boys and I stayed home. Then Tuesday came and we went across the bay and went to Mt Trashmore and the bookstore and for dinner we ate at Azar, a Lebanese restaurant. The food was good. Btw, for lunch, we ate at StingRays and the boys seemed to have liked it there. I don't recall what they ate, oh, yeah, dave had a burger on wheat bread and AJ had a hot dog. And Richard and I had fish sandwiches. Anyway, we all wished we had a kite to fly while we were in the park. Rich, was teaching dave how to skip rocks on the pond/lake while I watched and AJ was playing. We picked up some trash and tossed them into the bin. Then we took the boys to play on the playground. Then once they had enough, or AJ had enough, we drove to Costco and bought some things we needed at the house. The boys had a great day and I think were tired. Anthony loved the bridge and tunnels. Oh, btw, on our way to VA Bch, we stopped at the bridge's midpoint and walked out to the pier. We took loads of pictures, but left too soon because it was windy and cold. So, anyway, after Costco, we went home. I drove home this time. They were all tired. We got home late and Richard and I went to pick up my car at his clinic where we left it. Then we all went to bed after that.

The next day, AJ and I went to the laundry mat and dropped off our clothes and then went to another LM to wash the rest of the clothes because the machines were cheaper. Anyway, I got tired and wasn't feeling too great that night, so I went to bed early while Richie and dave played a game of boggle. AJ was watching a movie and played on the pc. Anyway, Thursday, not much happened, Dave and I assembled the badminton and played. During the middle of the game, our neighbor's dog came and put the birdie in his mouth, which made it harder for us to continue to play. So then dave threw a stick toward the dog's house and the dog ran for it, but then he came right back. well, this is all I can write for now...my foot has fallen asleep. haha..anyway, to be continued....

2 Comments:

Blogger Lan said...

Hi Hilds.. Its great you have fun with your kids and so richard..

3:41 PM  
Blogger Ladyseashells said...

Hi Hilda,
It finally worked on me(your link). Maybe the server was just busy. And sorry if it took me a long time to come to your blog. Good to see your new life and your boys. Both growing tall. You have a very nice blog site. I enjoyed viewing your fotos. I didn't get to read all ur posting. I just don't have time for this anymore but thanks a bunch for inviting me to come to ur blog n' for the notes u sent me. When i have spare time again, I'll come again. Have fun gardening, I see you have plenty of room for flowers. Maybe you can share ur JOY of Gardening with me.. one day.

Happy to hear from you,Ladyseashells

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home