Sunday, August 20, 2006

Fun Weekend

I have been extremely lazy in updating this blog. Blame it on the nice weather. Anyway, I wanted to post a lil sumthin2x here. Went to Rich's nephew's Coast Guard graduation. That was extremely fun. We rode the ferry on our way over the cape and then stayed at a B&B for two nights. Breakfast each morning was pretty cool. I'm sure I would have been extremely impressed if I had no prior restaurant experience. But still, was still impressed by it all. The presentation was all great. My only regret is that I have no photos for "show and tell". I have to get a memory card with more than 24-photos-capability. We've tried purchasing some two months ago but it looks like the stores no longer carry that particular size card. I'm thinking it's obsolete, or at least they're being phased out of the market. it's too bad because the camera takes good pictures. Anyway, going back to the weekend, we arrived in Cape May Thursday evening around nine or so. The ferry being only one hour and 20 minutes long. The ride itself wasn't too bad, although all the seats inside the restaurant were all taken, and it was a bit cold for me outside, but it was no problem. Then once we reached the dock, the drive to the B&B was not long, five to ten minutes max? It took a tiny bit of driving around finding the street of the B&B. It was a relief once it was in sight. There were so many people on the street! My gosh...the cape is definitely one tourist spot, a nice one too. My favorite is the pedestrian mall. There were so many shops lining the street on both sides, you need at least two days to look thoroughly in each one. I went into three shops and briefly took a peek in each one. I bought some early christmas gifts in one shop. anyway, i'm totally skipping some cool parts of this story. to continue, we meet up with the gang the next day, although we started to leave in our car and discovered that our tire was flat, so all squeezed into one vehicle. Luckily it was a huge car! so we drove on to the graduation location, which was on base. It was approximately five minutes away. BTW, this is the first time I met my sister-in-law and her two sons. Like everyone in Rich's family, they were extremely friendly, esp Velkys, sp?. We got along pretty well even with the language barrier, wc btw should give me more incentive to learn Spanish. hm..so tired now..it's past three in the a.m.. will continue later and will post what pix i do have here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lan said...

Hi Hilda kumusta nia nagbloghopping balik napod sa pagblog kay tugnaw na pod laay ba.. blogspot ko ron pero naa lang gihapon ko sa friendster pod. take care

4:03 PM  
Blogger Lan said...

Hi Hild.. kumusta mong duha ni Rich ug imong duha ka anak.. just saying hello.. take care and have a good week.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Lan said...

Have wonderful christmas Hild. .tc

1:58 PM  
Blogger Carlota said...

Merry Christmas & a blessed New Year!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Agaz said...

Together with the New Year arrival.. we answered fully the spirit.. may in the New Year, we be given by all the ease

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home